Sunday, July 8, 2012

Post-Beach-Vacay

Happy belated 4th of July! Hope you had a wonderful BBQ to celebrate like I did. Paul's family's secret BBQ chicken recipe! And summer sweet corn, YUM!

Only have to deal with 4 dinners this week. Had a great vacation week and even made some recipes I have posted here.

Sunday:
Shrimp Spring Rolls with Summer Vegetables
Thai peanut sauce from Skinnytaste
I know this Shrimp won't be as good as what we had last week. Paul's uncle had caught a bunch and shared with us. So incredibly sweet and delicious. Makes me miss living so close to the coast.

Monday:
Vietnamese Flank Steak and Rice
I will probably serve this with no sugar added mandarin oranges as well. Possibly some broccoli too if it looks good at the market

Tuesday:
Pasta with Butternut Squash and Sage
I use the Smart Taste pasta by Ronzoni which has slightly higher fiber content so that affects the points value. But for my daughter, I just stir in some buttermilk and parmesan cheese and she loves it. Tastes like Annie's shells and cheese. Will serve with a mixed green salad. I use Basil instead of sage sometimes in this recipe and I like it just as well - depends on what I am in the mood for.

Wednesday:
Skinny Chicken Enchiladas
I love this recipe. Feels indulgent without actually BEING that way. Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment