Sunday, August 19, 2012

I should actually make this

Last week I had big plans. Not all of them came through. For example, my plan to make Black bean burgers the night before I wanted to eat them (essential for the recipe I had chosen) kept getting delayed until I am planning to make them today! This. Will. Happen.

Now that we are getting back into the swing of the semester and have a better idea what each day holds in store, I feel like I can plan better for the week ahead.

Sunday:
Citrus Garlic Pork Loin (look familiar?)

Monday:
Black Bean Burgers
Arugula and Pear Salad

Tuesday:
Picadillo (also from last week)

Wednesday:
Chicken Tenders
Sweet Potato Fries
Fruit

Thursday:
Spaghetti with Homemade Marinara

Friday:
Asian Glazed Chicken Drumsticks
Broccoli
Rice


I am also trying to kick up breakfast. (At least for myself - my kids are notoriously specific about their breakfast needs.) One thing I have found is Refrigerator Oatmeal. I was skeptical at first, but I really like it. It is actually pretty good with the chia seeds in it. (shock) The seeds absorb a lot of liquid and make it into a sort of pudding-like consistency and the chia seeds have lots of nutritional value.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment