Monday, August 6, 2012

I'm BACK!

So July was a super travel-ly month. Between two beach weeks, a conference and a kid going to camp, I have hardly known which way was up and have not really made my own menus in a while. What a relief to get back to being in charge of my own food! Of course, it was such a relief to NOT be in charge of my own food for a while too! At any rate, we are back in the swing of things here and after a $250 grocery trip no longer have the "cupboard is bare" excuse for going out to eat. *alas*  Also, School is about to start, so I am grateful to have a week to get things going again before that madness begins!

So here goes.

Monday (today):
Skinny Chicken Enchiladas

These are a favorite and I am waiting for them to cook as I write this. Either fortunately or unfortunately, they are even better the second day. Makes me wish it was tomorrow already.


Tuesday:
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken
We don't serve these in Lettuce wraps as she suggests. I like to make sandwiches out of them with her Low Fat Creamy Blue Cheese dressing.


Wednesday:
Lasagna Roll-ups
Mixed Green Salad


Thursday:
Black Bean Burgers
I LOVE these burgers. Usually, I find Black bean burgers dry and tasteless with a mealy, yucky texture, but these are delicious. Maybe it is the avocado and the chipotle mayo? I think I will serve this with a Pear salad

Friday:

Summer Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
I am really looking forward to trying this soup. I think I will serve it with a mixed green salad and some wheat thins.


Saturday:
Rigatoni with creamy Sausage sauce
I think I will serve this as is. Maybe some crunchy/soft french bread on the side.



No comments:

Post a Comment