Sunday, September 9, 2012

Do-over!

I didn't do such a great job last week with staying on my menu plan. Life intervenes, you know? So this week, I am back to my plans and will use some of the meal ideas from last week. I have also gotten away from eating whole fruits and veggies which I will make an effort to remedy this week as well. One thing that foiled my plans this week was some REALLY disappointing peaches. They looked so beautiful - I was totally fooled. Alas.  However, I did get some really lovely apples!

Sunday:
Sunday is normally a day to get things ready for the week but this week, Sunday is probably our busiest day. Between a birthday party, long bike ride and going to see a colleague in a show we are barely here today.

Vegetable and Turkey Meatloaf


Monday:
Thai Coconut Shrimp Curry with jasmine rice and a side of mandarin oranges.


Tuesday:

Sausage and Broccoli Casserole with a side salad.




Wednesday:

Normally, we sort of fend for ourselves on Wednesday night because of a busy evening schedule at church, but I think this might be a nice alternative. I can roast the squash ahead and time and DH and I can have something nutritious and portable. So, instead of Pasta with Butternut Squash and Sage which we were supposed to have last week (and didn't) I think I am going with this:


Baby Spinach Salad with Honey Roasted Butternut Squash, Pumpkin Seeds, Gorgonzola and Dried Cherries

We got some sheep's milk cheese at Patak's last week and need to use the rest. It is creamy and fresh tasting. I think it will be a perfect compliment to the flavors above. Plus I can use my butternut squash.



Thursday:
Crock Pot Beer Chicken
Crock Pot and Beer in the same sentence. Yes, please. I don't know what I will serve it with. Probably some mixed frozen vegetables.

Friday:
We will be having pasta of some sort today. DH is contemplating a century ride in Cartersville, GA the next day and even if he doesn't do the century, I am slated to run 14-15 miles on my training schedule the next morning. A little carbs never hurt anyone in this position. We started using Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta when we were dealing with some "digestive issues" with our youngest child. It is basically regular pasta but it has a higher fiber content. This is helpful with a child who loves pasta but is also nice for a "Watcher of Weight" because the points are a little lower.



No comments:

Post a Comment