Saturday, October 20, 2012

Shopping in my pantry

I have too much stuff in my pantry. I try to avoid this situation by making a weekly menu, basing a shopping list on that menu and then STICKING to the list and menu. I did a great job last week of sticking to the list, but not so much of sticking to the menu. Life intervenes.

For example, I still have Chevre in my fridge for which I planned to make Chevre Bisque with Lobster Garnish. I didn't make it last week so I am making it tomorrow (except I will not be using Lobster since that is not in my fridge - probably shrimp since that IS in my fridge/freezer).  I did not ever get around to prepping the Black Bean burgers so haven't made those yet but I DID purchase Veggie Burgers so we did eat some of those and used the Whole Wheat Buns I got. Whew -

I DID make the Chicken Enchiladas and they were great as expected and I did make the Chicken Pot Pie Soup which was also really good. AND I made a really tasty Kale and Potato Soup with Turkey Sausage. I just happened to have those ingredients on hand except I didn't have Kale so I used some frozen spinach instead. It was delicious.

So.... since we won't be eating at home this weekend, I am going to attempt to make dinner from what is already on hand. Wish me luck.

Saturday: (today)
Chicken Tikka Masala with rice and steamed vegetables

Sunday:
Leftover Soups (Kale and Potato Soup with Turkey Sausage and Chicken Pot Pie Soup)

Monday:
Veggie Burgers and Sweet Potato Fries

Tuesday:
Chevre Bisque with Lobster Garnish

Wednesday:
Church

Thursday:
Beef Stew with potatoes and carrots cooked in crock pot.


No comments:

Post a Comment