Sunday, February 9, 2014

Counting Points again!

Well, I am counting points again. I knew I had put on a little bit of weight and I didn't want it to get out of control so back to the tried and true Points Plus of Weight Watchers! There have been a few updates since I was last in the land of WW. The site has a new look and feel. There is a lot more support for dining out. (Restaurant Specific Points values, including my beloved Chick Fil-A) also, I now have an iPad and I like the way the iPad apps work for WW. For example, the WW Kitchen app. It is an easy way to search recipes.

So, I am going to publish the weekly menus again here on the blog but I am going to try to also plan for some snack and breakfast ideas since I seem to be somewhat stuck when it comes to that.

Menu:
Sunday:
Balsamic Pork Roast
Roasted Broccoli

Monday:
Pasta w/Homemade marinara
Garlic bread
(a note about pasta: I have lately been "boosting" my pasta servings with spaghetti squash. Sp Squash, doesn't taste at all like pasta and the texture isn't the same either, so I would never do only the squash and try to fool myself. However, having the extra there makes it look like i have more pasta and it is more filling with fewer points!)

Tuesday:
Skinny Chicken Tikka Masala
Rice
Salad

Wednesday:
Thai coconut curry shrimp
Stir Fry Vegetable Steamers
(a word about Steamers: I have started buying these steamer bags in the frozen section of the grocery. I have found that it is nice to have them on hand for those times when I don't really know what to serve as a side dish. Super easy and they keep for a while since they are frozen.)

Thursday:
Cheeseburger Casserole
Salad
This is a new favorite because it is tasty but also because it makes great leftovers!

Friday:
Valentine's Day dinner
the tradition in our house is that Daddy makes a fancy Valentine's Day dinner and we eat in the dining room! Last fall, I did a recital in Denver, CO and happened upon this amazing restaurant downtown called Rioja. I proceeded to eat there for the remainder of my dinners! On the second night, I found out they had a cookbook and that the waiter could get one signed for me! So I bought it "for my husband." Really, this was as selfish a gift as I could get! Anyway, he s going to be preparing something out of this cookbook for our V-day menu!

Saturday:
Baked Spaghetti Squash with Cheese
Remember how I said I was using spaghetti squash more? Here is a casserole type recipe that uses NO pasta. So we are giving it a try.


Breakfasts:
I have been stuck in a rut with my breakfasts and I want to get out. My go to breakfast has lately been a whole wheat waffle with Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter and a banana (7P+). I just want to be able to change it up. Refrigerator Oatmeal anyone? Maybe some eggs?

Snacks:
I'm going to make some of these PB&J Oatmeal cookies. We'll see. Maybe with an apple it will be a good snack!







No comments:

Post a Comment