Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Changing it up

I am changing on a dime this week due to unforeseen fun. Sunday, we went to Re Top Mountain and went hiking so had dinner out on the way home. Today, we are going out with the kiddos for dinner. And I grilled all of the chicken so can't easily make the Lemon Garlic Chicken so I am doing something else with the already grilled chicken. (Grilled Chicken Bruschetta over Roasemary & Olive Oil Fold-Its) I chose to delay the meals that would keep - BLT Spring Rolls and Blackened Tilapia.

In the mean time, I thought I would review a couple of the new recipes.

1. The Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
This was quite good and very easy to make. The recipe says to cook on high in crock pot for 4 hours but I think it would work just as well to cook on low for 8 hours while I am at work. We chose a mild Buffalo sauce which I was happy about because it was plenty spicy for me. I also chose to make Skinny Taste's Low Fat Blue Cheese Dressing. This was pretty good and VERY easy to put together. It wasn't quite "blue cheesey" enough for me but I think that was because I had a block of blue cheese rather than crumbled blue cheese so the pieces were larger and not as well-distributed. I served the Buffalo Chicken with shredded carrots and Celery on top with a dollop of the blue cheese dressing. The Blue Cheese and the Buffalo Chicken together were a winning combination! I actually had this for lunch today as well. I put the Buffalo Chicken on a Pepperidge Farm Deli flat and spread a Laughing Cow Blue Cheese wedge on the other side. It was good but not as good as the real thing dressing.

2. Thai Shrimp Curry
This was tasty but pretty spicy. I think the Thai chili paste we had on hand for this recipe is quite spicy. Next time we need to remember to use less.

3. Last week we made Hungry Girl's Cheesey Chicken Enchiladas.
These were REALLY good and even better the next day.

This week is an example of having a plan but changing it when necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment