Monday, May 14, 2012

Summer is almost here

Today is the start of MY first full week of summer. (Turned in my grades last week.) But I will grant that summer doesn't REALLY begin until the kiddos are out of school. They have two weeks left.

We have planted an herb garden on the back porch which we have all enjoyed watching grow. The tomato plants are just about at the point where they need to be attached to a stake.  We actually used some of the Dill Saturday night - (ok, when I say "we" I actually mean my DH here - he is the head chef of the family - I am just the shopper and planner.)  His recipe for Swedish Creamed Potatoes used Greek Yogurt instead of cream and was tasty good!


Here is our weekly supper menu:

Monday
Hungry Girl's Cheesey Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Chips and Cheese Dip for the girls
Fruit

Tuesday
Crab Cakes
Salad, Mixed Greens

Wednesday
Asian Flank Steak Skewers  (We have had these before and they are delicious!)
Stir Fry Vegetables (Green Giant Steamer bag)
Rice

Thursday
Honey Ginger Chicken Thighs
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli

Friday
Out to dinner with friends

Saturday
Tuna Burgers

Have you noticed that my menu has not changed that much since I reached my WW goal or since I reached Lifetime Status? I really don't eat that much differently and I still track everything. There is a reason that they call this a Lifestyle change. My lifestyle is definitely changed. I won't be going back to old habits from my pre WW lifestyle. I am committed to this way of approaching food and eating because I feel like it is realy sustainable over the long haul. I don't feel deprived and I don't feel as if I am on a "diet" at all. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment